Tickets are on sale soon

Jarvis Cocker has announced plans for a one off Halloween show in the UK, featuring an immersive new soundsystem.

The show, which is being at 12 Stoke Newington Road on October 31 under the name JARV, will be the first ever concert on the British Isles to be presented on the revolutionary, new L-ISA Hyperreal Sound System which is described as “creating a sound that is natural and intelligible for audiences and matches what they hear to what they see.

“It also provides the mixing engineer with the L‑ISA ecosystem, a unique multichannel environment, enabling intuitive placement and movement of input channels in 3D, directly from the channel strip”.

Tickets for the show go on sale at 10.31am on October 3. Tickets are available to purchase here.

Cocker and his band – Serafina Steer, Emma Smith, Andrew McKinney, Jason Buckle & Chris Vatalaro – played their first show at the Sigur Rós Norđur og Niđur festival in Iceland at the beginning of this year.

They also played a bunch of UK shows across small towns in spring.

Bargain Hunt

Meanwhile, the Pulp man reportedly refused to wear the Bargain Hunt uniform in a special episode broadcast earlier today (September 28), in which his band take on the Happy Mondays.

While presenter Charlie Ross revealed that Cocker really got “into the spirit of things” while filming the episode at Kent County Showground back in July, he didn’t want it to come at the sacrifice of his iconic style.

“There were one or two people staring in disbelief at who was there,” Ross said. “I was expecting Jarvis to be difficult because I didn’t think Bargain Hunt would be his sort of thing.”

“But he was absolutely delightful. He really entered into the spirit of things and I thought he was a really nice bloke.”