james-taylor.jpg

Legendary American singer-songwriter James Taylor is set to score his most successful new album in the UK since Mudslide Slim And The Blue Horizon reached No 4, 44 years ago in 1971.

James' latest studio album, Before This World, is on course to enter the Official Albums Chart in the Top 5, based on the first two day's sales. After its release on Monday (June 15), the album finds itself at Number 3, behind only the new albums by Muse and Florence & the Machine.

Before This World is his first collection of new material in over a decade and includes the radio single 'Montana' which is currently A listed at BBC Radio 2 and playlisted across 37 BBC local stations in England.

'I am delighted with the album's success in the UK,' said James Taylor, speaking from his home in Massachusetts, 'Great Britain has always felt like my second home. It is where Paul McCartney signed me to my first record deal at Apple Records in 1968 and is where I have always enjoyed a very warm welcome at my concerts.'

Official Charts Company chief executive Martin Talbot says, 'It is fantastic to see a legend of popular music back with such a bang. The Official Albums Chart will always be a better place for having the likes of James Taylor in it.'

Produced by Dave O'Donnell, Before This World features ten songs, nine of which are brand new James Taylor compositions. When it came time to record these songs, Taylor enlisted many of his longtime musical allies including guitarist Michael Landau, keyboardist Larry Goldings, percussionist Luis Conte, drummer Steve Gadd and bassist Jimmy Johnson.

Close friends Yo-Yo Ma and Sting also add their singular gifts to a couple of tracks (Ma's cello graces 'You And I Again' and 'Before This World,' Sting's harmony vocal underscores 'Before This World.') Taylor's wife Kim and son Henry enrich the proceedings further; bringing family style harmony to Taylor's baseball love letter 'Angels Of Fenway' and the classic folk tune 'Wild Mountain Thyme.'