Up-and-coming hip-hop artist talks to MTV News about his road from YouTube to Warner Bros.

Up-and-coming hip-hop artist Jake Miller has accomplished quite a deal in his short career — including a #1 debut on the iTunes hip-hop charts with his second EP — and now, there is one more thing to add to his list of accomplishments: a record deal with Warner Bros. Records.

On Monday (November 18) Miller announced to his 330, 000 plus fans on Twitter, aka the Millertary, the big news.

Miller, who was previously signed to E1 music, stopped by MTV News before making the announcement, and revealed that he's been patiently waiting nearly four months to make the news public, even though it was a "hard secret to keep."

"I've been waiting a long, long time to tell everybody," Miller said. "It's obviously a dream come true and we have a video coming out today and family and friends are in the video we are popping champagne, celebrating together. The night that I signed that deal was the greatest night of my life."

Jake Miller Makes A Special Announcement
The 20-year-old rapper, whose credits Eminem, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Drake as his inspirations, fell in love with music while living home in Weston, Florida. He began by posting videos on YouTube, which caught the attention of local news and radio stations, who offered him his big break opening for Snoop Dogg. The gig, which was the first time Miller performed in front of a live audience, was an offer Miller couldn't refuse, even though he said he just "wasn't an entertainer" or performer at the time.

"I basically said I'll do this, I'll make music, I'll be really famous and make it, but my one condition is that I never ever want to perform live.... it wasn't stage fright, it just wasn't who I was, at the time, I wasn't an entertainer, I was just an entertainer to myself. I was a little afraid of the reaction I might get, because I hadn't developed a sound or a style yet so I was experimenting," Miller revealed. "Well the Snoop Dogg opportunity came about and after that night I just fell in love with performing."

PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT IVE OFFICIALLY SIGNED A RECORD DEAL WITH ONE OF THE BIGGEST RECORD LABELS IN... http://t.co/XASfFM2Ceo

— Jake Miller (@jakemillermusic) November 18, 2013
Since then, Miller has found his style, an impressive blend of pop and hip-hop that can be heard on his debut album, Us Against Them, which was released earlier this month and certainly tees Miller up for a breakout moment. Miller, who is currently in the midst of his second headlining tour, touches on a wide range of topics throughout the album, from love on "Collide," to fan devotion on "A Million Lives" to a strong anti-bullying message on "Like Me."

"I've always said that music without a message is just sound," Miller said. "I try to put out as much positive music as possible."