Up-and-coming rapper tells MTV News about meeting his inspiration.

As an up-and-coming hip-hop artist, Jake Miller knows the importance of making connections, and when the moment strikes, you have to take full advantage, which is exactly what he did when he met one of his biggest inspirations, Macklemore.

Miller, who just signed a deal with Warner Bros. Records, recently met the "Thrift Shop" rapper, but his chance meeting didn't happen in the studio, it happened on the beach.

"I was just so caught off guard, he was just hanging at the beach by himself getting a massage or something," Miller told MTV News. "I told him all about me, I told him about the Warner deal and I talked to him for a little bit, just me and him, no one else around."

So what did Macklemore have to say to the "Collide" rapper?

"He didn't say much," Miller said. "He listened a lot and I did most of the talking because that's what you have to do when you're grinding and you're an up-and-coming artist, he just congratulated me and said he would keep a look out for me."

Miller, who released his debut album Us Against Them earlier this month, is currently in the midst of his second headlining tour where he gets up extremely personal with his fans, also known as the Millertary.

"I have a song called 'My Couch' on the new album, basically how you can just hang on the couch with that one special person all day, watching TV, ordering Chinese food," Miller said. "And so we roll out the couch every show and I bring one lucky fan on the couch and sing her the song, bring her some popcorn give her a little massage lay on her lap it's the real deal."