Former Guns N’ Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has told Rolling Stone the he is not a member of the group’s upcoming reunion.

Stradlin, who was with the band from 1985 to 1991, was rumored to be joining Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer in the resurrected group, mainly because of work he did in the studio with McKagan during the holiday season.

On February 22, a new Twitter account attributed to Stradlin posted “Izzy Stradlin fact..At this point in time , I`ve no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows .”

Fans, though, doubted that it was actually Izzy posting to the account. Early Tuesday, he posted a video of himself playing Jonathan Edwards’ 1970’s hit Sunshine to prove he was the owner of the account:

Stradlin also wrote an e-mail to Rolling Stone, telling them “At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows. I’ve also not been in the studio recording or writing with any of the others recently. There is so much speculation, but so very little info, [that] I thought I should reach out.”

Stradlin and Rose formed the original Guns N’ Roses in March 1985 along with Tracii Guns, Ole Beich and Rob Gardner. Within months of starting, Beich was fired and replaced by McKagan, Guns left with Slash coming in, and Gardner quit and was replaced by Steven Adler.

Izzy quit the band on November 7, 1991 citing a number of reasons including his new found sobriety and working with others who were heavy drinkers and Axl Rose’s unpredictable behavior. He was quickly replaced by Gilby Clarke.

https://twitter.com/IzzyStradlin999/...37465495748608