The feud of the century...

Wrestling legend The Iron Sheik has attempted to broker peace, after Insane Clown Posse‘s Shaggy 2 Dope attempted to dropkick Limp Bizkit‘s Fred Durst during a perforance last weekend.

The ‘Rollin” band were playing New Jersey’s Rock Allegiance Festival when Shaggy emerged onstage. He ran quickly towards the frontman before trying to dropkick him off the stage from behind.

When the move didn’t quite go to plan, a bemused Durst told the crowd: “What a pussy, he couldn’t even pull it off.” Security then intervened, with the singer telling them to “calm down, it’s just one guy”. The nu-metal outfit had just covered ‘Faith’ by George Michael when the incident happened.

In the aftermath of the event, Limp Bizkit’s DJ Lethal has stated that he was previously a fan of ICP, before telling Shaggy: “Bro step up!! Man to man. No suckerstage rushing ‘I’m gonna get on TMZ’.”

He also called him a “bitchmade G,” a “wack bro” who “just got wack,” and a “bitch ass clout chaser.” He repeatedly asked Shaggy “Where you at?”

As the beef escalates, an unlikely peacemaker has emerged in the form of wrestling legend The Iron Sheik.

“THE SHAGGY TOO DOPE YOU ARE A GOOD MAN BUT YOUR DROPKICK IS FUCKING DRIZZLING SHITS”, Sheik wrote on Twitter.

“ALSO @djlethal IS MY BROTHER I DONT LIKE TO SE MY BROTHERS FIGHT BUBBA.”

DJ Lethal replied on Instagram: “Hahaha. Thank you mr #ironsheik for making a funny situation even funnier. #truce we don’t need anymore violence in these times. There are bigger issues in this world. Peace and love.”

According to one Reddit user, Limp Bizkit and Insane Clown Posse have had beef for decades – which prompted the attack.

Their post reads (via Consequence of Sound): “Well it all started 20 years ago when ICP was trying their hardest to sell out. They performed at Woodstock and after was told ‘Fred wants to meet with you’ they had no idea who the fuck Fred was.

“I guess Fred Durst was a mega superstar and egoed out on them hard, like wouldn’t look at them or anything while he talked. He invited them on the Family Values tour with Korn and all those bands then at the last minute told them to fuck off outside and booted them.

They added: “They were on this huge festival show Monster sponsored together and I’m assuming he was a c*nt again.”

Earlier this year, Limp Bizkit’s headline set at Boomtown was interrupted when the stage roof collapsed as they performed the track ‘Break Stuff‘. The incident damaged guitarist Wes Borland’s pedal board as rainwater covered the stage.

Meanwhile, Fred Durst has been directing a new movie, Moose, starring John Travolta.