'Marauder' is coming

Interpol have announced details of two intimate UK shows to launch their upcoming new album ‘Marauder’.

Having launched their sixth album with huge comeback track ‘The Rover‘ and the raw follow-up ‘Number 10‘, the release date draws ever closer with the record set to drop on August 24.

To celebrate, the New York trio will play a small in-store show in Kingston for Banquet Records on Wednesday August 29, before heading to London to perform in Rough Trade East on Thursday August 30.

Tickets for Banquet Records show are on sale from Monday August 10 at 10am here, while wristbands for Rough Trade East event can are available by pre-ordering the album here.

Talking to NME about the inspiration behind recent single ‘The Rover‘, frontman Paul Banks said: “The idea of that song lyrically is that it’s this character ‘The Rover’ who is basically preaching a doomsday type message – but he’s also just a very charismatic and magnetic figure. Once I had envisioned that as the concept and this character that I wanted to describe, it became fun wavering back and forth between his doomsday prophesying and his manipulative word choice and how he’s basically trying to get people to follow him.

“I find that’s a very fascinating dynamic: the fact that there are one in a billion people who want to assume that role, and that people can react to the cult of personality like that. Just follow someone unhinged. That idea of the cult of personality and buying a line of BS to get people rallied up can happen small scale and strange in cults, but as history shows it can happen with great numbers of people.”

Interpol tour dates and tickets

Meanwhile, the band’s winter UK and European tour dates are below.

NOVEMBER
14 – London, UK – Royal Albert Hall
15 – London, UK – Royal Albert Hall
16– Manchester, UK – O2 Apollo – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
18 – Dublin, Ireland – Olympia Theatre – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
19 – Dublin, Ireland – Olympia Theatre – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
23 – Hamburg, Germany – Mehr! Theater – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
24 – Copenhagen, Denmark – TAP1
25 – Berlin, Germany – Tempodrom – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
27 – Utrecht, Netherlands – Tivoli Vredenburg – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
28 – Brussels, Belgium – Forest National – w/ Nilüfer Yanya
29 – Paris, France – La Salle Pleyel