IT was the showbiz party of the (half) century.

Kylie Minogue has celebrated her 50th birthday in style, at a star-studded Studio 54-themed bash surrounded by some very special guests.

The pop princess, who stunned in a gold lame dress that evoked 1970s disco glamour, held court at the Chiltern Firehouse, London’s exclusive celebrity hangout.

Pictures from inside the venue show Minogue was in typically sparkling form.

Ever the Melbourne girl, Kylie formed a cosy circle with her ex-Neighbours co-stars Guy Pearce and Jason Donovan.

The three have come a long way since they played Charlene, Mike and Scott on the Aussie soap that catapulted them to stardom as teenagers in the late 1980s.

The trio looked like they were taking a trip down memory lane with Hollywood star Pearce appearing nostalgic as he hugged Minogue in a warm embrace.

In a cute touch, Minogue was serenaded by her fellow Stock Aitken Waterman alumni Rick Astley, who performed Never Gonna Give You Up as the pop diva danced excitedly on stage.

The seemingly ageless Minogue partied the night away with Aussie actor Joel Edgerton, TV chat show host Graham Norton, comedians David Walliams and Alan Carr and Pretenders frontwoman Chrissie Hynde.

Minogue also used the event to show off her hunky new boyfriend Paul Solomons, the creative director of British GQ magazine.

The pop princess told the London Telegraph last week she was looking forward to celebrating her milestone birthday in style.

“I am having a party, which is pretty out of character for me” she said.

“I usually shun that kind of stuff. With 50 and things just feeling good and right … I’ve found myself again and feel comfortable with who I am.”