The rapper and actor became the subject of some heated Twitter discussion earlier this month after he made the admission

Ice-T has bowed to online pressure by appearing in a video to eat a bagel and sipping coffee for the first time ever.

The rapper and actor caused a stir online earlier this month after revealing that he had never consumed a bagel or drunk a cup of coffee – despite portraying a cop in the NYC-based crime series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for almost 20 years.

Naturally, the revelation caused an outcry on Twitter – you can see all of the original reaction below – but Ice-T has now been given the chance to try both a bagel and drink some coffee in a new advert for the dating app Coffee Meets Bagel.

“It has a different consistency than a doughnut,” he notes about the bagel, but he’s less enthused about the coffee: “OK, it’s not what I expected… tastes like water.” Watch the clip below.

And so, to recap – back on November 9, a fan of Law & Order tweeted Ice T to ask why his character chose the Cinnamon Raisin-flavour bagel in the latest episode. “Lol.. [because] that’s what they wrote…,” he replied.

When another viewer pressed him on his personal favourite doughy snack, he made the revelation: “I’ve never eaten a Bagel in my life…”

“You had a cinnamon raisin one on SVU,” another tweeted, with Ice-T responding: “Lol. TV is make-believe.”

Put simply, fans from New York and the wider world weren’t having it – with one follower saying that the news was ‘inconceivable’.

After the rapper also dared to confess that he’d never had coffee, one joker said: “Please for the love of all tell me you’ve at least had Iced Tea!”

Following the heated responses in his timeline, Ice-T said: “White people.. Don’t lose your Fn minds because I’ve never eaten a Bagle.. Take it easy…. lol

In case you’re wondering, Ice-T did reveal what food and drink treats he is a fan of – apparently, he’s partial to a jelly doughnut and grape-flavoured Kool-Aid.

Meanwhile, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is currently airing its twentieth season.