When two unlikely worlds collide...

As Twitter conversations go, there’s probably none more unlikely that Ice-T and Only Fools and Horses’ John Challis, who played Boycey in the hit TV show. Yet that’s exactly what happened on Twitter yesterday (September 6).

It all began when Ice-T commented on a Twitter users post after he was complaining about feeling old. Ian Clarke tweeted: “I am 52 on Saturday…how do I stop feeling old,” to which Ice-T replied: “I’m 60…you’re a little kid.”

Later on, Challis also chimed into the conversation, saying “I’ve just turned 76,so you are but a spring chicken” to the legendary rapper.

Ice T replied, prompting excitement from Twitter users as the most unlikeliest of conversations ensued.

Challis starred in Only Fools and Horses for seven series, from 1981 to 1991 alongside Nicholas Lyndhurst and David Jason. Challis also starred in the popular spin-off series The Green Green Grass as well as Christmas TV specials of the long-running show.

Last year, it was announced by Jim Sullivan, son of the shows late creator John Sullivan, that the TV show could return.

Whilst John Sullivan died in 2011, aged 64, his son didn’t rule of the possibility of a comeback. Speaking to The Mirror, he said: “I’ve always said that Only Fools – the series as we know it – was laid to rest with my dad…However that is not to say that the show and its characters cannot, and will not, be explored in different mediums.”