Spoiler alert: it's a silly amount

Beyoncé and Jay-Z‘s ‘On The Run II’ made over a quarter-billion dollars, it has been reported.

The run of 48 joint concerts began in June, with the final date taking place in Seattle earlier this month (October 4). NME described the show as “a two-hour masterclass from a pair of icons who are seemingly hell-bent on proving that love conquers all”.

With the tour surpassing $150 million (£116m) gross back in August, the final figure is said to be at an enormous $253.5 million (£197m). The numbers were reported to Billboard Boxscore earlier this week.

Beyonce and Jay-Z perform on stage during the ‘On the Run II’ tour at MetLife Stadium on August 2, 2018 in East Rutherford, New Jersey

The duo’s two nights at London Stadium – which formed part of their 18-date run of European shows – grossed $11 million (£8.5m) from more than 125,000 ticket sales. However, it was their two nights at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium that brought in the biggest bucks – grossing $14.1 million (£10.8m). On average, Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s took $5.28 million (£4m) per show.

‘On The Run II’ surpassed gross earnings from the couple’s 2014 tour by 132 per cent – with the first tour grossing $109.6 million (£85m).

In September, Beyoncé reflected on the tour as it reached its final 10 dates. “I’m doing what I love most with whom I love most,” she said. “I wish it could never end.”

Earlier this year, Beyoncé and Jay-Z released the surprise album ‘Everything Is Love’ under the moniker of The Carters. In a four-star review, NME said that the record’s “overarching mood is that of pure joy”.