The My Chemical Romance frontman returns

Gerard Way is gearing up to release a brand new song, after sharing a teaser of the track on Instagram.

The former My Chemical Romance frontman released his debut solo album ‘Hesitant Alien’ in 2014. Now, it looks like he’ll be back with a taster of the future in time for Halloween.

Way took to Instagram last night to share a short clip of a track called ‘Baby You’re A Haunted House’. He also confirmed that the full single will released this Friday (October 26).

Earlier this year, Way told fans he was working on new music every Friday. “Now, onto the music”, Way wrote on Facebook. “It is far too early to have any kind of idea when new music will be coming out from me, or what it will be specifically. Would it be a solo record? A new band? Songs for the Netflix Umbrella Academy show?”

He continues: “Something else? Again, too early to tell, but the process has started and happens every Friday at the moment. I’m in the discovery phase, and very excited about that.”

Way has also been busy working on his new Netflix series The Umbrella Academy. The Umbrella Academy is based on Way’s comic book series of the same name. The 10-episode series is set to launch on the streaming service at some point in 2018.

Ellen Page, Misfits star Robert Sheehan, Game Of Thrones actor Tom Hopper and Mary J Blige will star alongside Emmy Raver-Lampman, David Castaneda, and Aidan Gallagher.

According to a press release, The Umbrella Academy will follow the “estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes” working together to solve the mysterious death of their father.

Steve Blackman (Fargo, Altered Carbon) is the showrunner and Way serves as an executive producer.