The singer shared her thoughts regarding her slot at the 50th anniversary event

Halsey has said that she’s “very honoured” to be playing at Woodstock 50.

The line-up for the festival, which marks the 50th anniversary of the original Woodstock event, was announced earlier this week (March 19) and prompted a mixed reaction from fans.

“The Woodstock lineup seems to be a bit divisive, but I am very honored to be included in a lineup of artists who all appear to be constantly influencing culture or representing social activism,” Halsey tweeted. “Using their voices. That’s Woodstock to me. I’m honored and I can’t wait.”

Woodstock 50 will be held at New York’s Watkins Glen 16–18 August 2019, and will feature the likes of The Killers, Dead & Company, Jay-Z, Miley Cyrus, Chance The Rapper, Imagine Dragons, The Black Keys, The Raconteurs, to name but a few.

While many are thrilled about the big names on the bill, and how it reflects modern music and culture in 2019 there are also those who are not.

“It’s like the people who made the Woodstock lineup didn’t know what Woodstock was,” wrote one disappointed Twitter user. “Where is Lana Del Rey? Gambino? Maybe even Demarco? Where is that 60/70s vibe? Give me an epic revival for one of the greatest rock festivals of all time, like geez.”

Another added: “Imagine telling your kids you saw Imagine Dragons at Woodstock and your kids immediately punching you in the face.”

The original Woodstock was held in the Catskill Mountains near New York City between August 15–18 in 1969, and was famed as the pinnacle of ‘The Summer Of Love’ when more than 400,000 people flocked to see the likes of Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Santana, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, Joan Baez and many more.

Meanwhile, Halsey recently felt the wrath of Umbrella Academy fans and jokingly laid blamed on the show’s creator Gerard Way.

Taking to Twitter to empathise with the show’s character Luther and question why viewers had been so harsh to him, it was apparent at this point that the 24-year-old singer had not watched the entire series. If she had, she would have realised why fans were quick to call her out for her opinion.

When the penny finally dropped as to why fans were being so passionate about Luther, she revised her original opinion and revealed she finally understood where everyone was coming from.