The pop star will appear alongside Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga in the forthcoming movie remake

Halsey has revealed she will play a small part in the forthcoming remake of A Star Is Born, appearing alongside Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

The film, which follows ageing musician Jackson Maine (Cooper) as he deals with alcoholism and dwindling fame, and rising star Ally (Gaga), will be released in the UK on October 5.

Halsey tweeted the news about her cameo to her followers earlier today (September 5) and thanked Gaga and Cooper for the experience. “It was an honour to watch both of your talent and dedication on set,” she wrote. “An all time life highlight for me for sure.”

When a fan asked if she would play herself or a fictional character, the musician replied: “I play myself for a very small moment! Which is insane because it means Gaga and Bradley saw me worthy of representing a piece of the current state of music in this film forever.”

She continued: “They could have picked any artist. It was so humbling and unreal.”

Halsey is set to bring her ‘Hopeless Fountain Kingdom’ tour to the UK later this month (September 22, 23) with two dates at London’s Eventim Apollo. Remaining tickets are available here.

Meanwhile, earlier this year it was reported that the star would be the subject of a new, big-budget movie. According to Deadline, Sony Pictures closed a deal on the life rights to the singer.

A source claimed that the film was hoped to be “a vehicle that does for her what 8 Mile did for Eminem.”