89423.jpg

Selena Gomez says her new album is the 'best I've ever done'.

The 22-year-old singer is currently working on the follow-up to her debut solo studio album Stars Dance, which she released in 2013.

And while her fans have been patiently waiting for the new material, Selena promises they certainly won't be let down.

'This year is really, really exciting.,' Selena said, during a Google Hangout session on Wednesday. 'I've been endlessly working on my new album that's almost, kind of close to being done. I've been working in Mexico, I've been in the studio constantly. I am so anxious for you guys to see everything and hear everything. just know that it's the best that I've ever done and you guys won't be disappointed.'

Selena has hit headlines in recent months thanks to her newly curvaceous physique.

But while many fans have praised Selena for unveiling her healthy shape, others have criticised her weight gain.

However, Selena said that when it comes to comments she has received on social networks, she would like to drastically modify them to get rid of any rude remarks.

Asked what she'd change in the world and why, Selena replied: 'Bullying. I'd get rid of bullying. People are so mean it's exhausting.

'I would deactivate every single comment on any social media. I think that you should have an email where you can send in questions but you should be able to post what you want, say what you want, be what you want without anybody judging you or making you feel like your self-value is from an Instagram post or from people liking your post. People get so affected by that and I would change that.'