Keep your eyes peeled for new music...

ABBA have launched an official Twitter account ahead of releasing brand new music.

The Swedish pop-banger powerhouse announced earlier this year that they would be unveiling two new tracks – marking their first release in 35 years. ‘I Still Have Faith In You’ and another new song will be revealed on a BBC TV special next month, ahead of a ‘virtual’ hologram tour in 2019.

With the iconic group previously sharing behind-the-scenes studio shots on Instagram, they have now ventured into the Twitterverse – hopefully with some exciting updates regarding their impending return.

“We have Arrived to Twitter,” their first post reads, playing on the title of their fourth studio album. See the tweet below.

Back in July, ABBA’s Bjorn Ulvaeus discussed the direction of the band’s upcoming new songs. “One of them is a pop tune, very danceable,” he said. “The other is more timeless, more reflective, that is all I will say. It is Nordic sad, but happy at the same time.

“I think that exuberant quality of the two ladies [Agnetha Faltskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad] together singing, that makes the saddest song a bit uplifting. I think that is what happens and that [it] is very organic: [it] isn’t calculated, [it] just happened that way.”

Last month, Ulvaeus hinted that the band’s recent recording sessions could lead to “a new album, possibly.”

“Or four songs or something like that – that’s possible,” he continued, before repeating his insistence the band would not tour. “But for us to perform on stage that’s just not going to happen. That’s a definite.”

In other news, an ABBA-themed restaurant is set to open in London next year.