"Drag will forever and always be the reason that I am the proud trans woman that I am. And now that I am that, I look forward to transitioning along with my journey and every aspect in my life."

On Friday night (Dec. 28), fans of RuPaul’s Drag Race bid adieu to one of the biggest shit-stirrers in the show’s decade-long history, as Gia Gunn was eliminated on All Stars 4. During her three episodes, the queen rehashed old beef with Farrah Moan and delivered legendary one-liners like, “What you wanna do isn't necessarily what you're gonna do," while her and Trinity the Tuck fought over who would impersonate Caitlyn Jenner during the Snatch Game challenge.

The queen added much-needed drama between the queens, and she doesn’t deny it: “I take full responsibility for all my actions,” she said several times through an interview with Billboard.

The queen also recognizes that while some people can see the difference between the human, Gia Ichikawa, and her drag persona, Gia Gunn -- she also knows that there are some Drag Race fans who are troubled by things she said on the show.

"In all honesty, I see it as challenge for me to further show people who I am through my shows, through my speech, through my online presence and through whatever inspirational things that I am doing going forward."

Below, Billboard catches up with Gia to discuss her time on Drag Race, whether she intended to play the role of the season’s villain and potentially transitioning to a career outside of drag.

What are you most proud of from this season?

My most proud moment was definitely on episode one, the talent show. That is my natural born talent and it’s something I’ve taken very seriously since I was five years old. It’s also a very proud moment for me because I am representing my Japanese culture. Just like trans people, I feel Japanese culture is also very under represented in today's world. Especially in the drag world. So for me, it was really just [a big] moment for me to be able to present this to the world. Not only because it was so close to my heart and being my talent, but also just bringing visibility to my heritage as well.

Do you have any regrets from this season?

No regrets. I just think I could have maybe gone in there with a little bit of a different mindset; I could of maybe thought about a few things differently. But at the end of the day, I really don't live my life with regrets. I'm very unapologetic, not only about my truth and my journey, but also the things that I do and say.

I think on something like Drag Race, we all do and say exactly what you see on TV. Yes, it's edited. Yes, there may be things that are rearranged or whatever, but at the end of the day, I take full responsibility for all my actions.

Now that you’ve seen Trinity’s interpretation of Caitlyn Jenner, do you think you would have done a better job?

Definitely not. 110 percent not and that is why I was so willing to let her play the role and be her. Just because I knew that she was going to nail it. And I'm Trinity's number one fan when it comes to everything she does.

I already knew that Snatch Game was definitely a weak point for me, as that's also what got me eliminated on season six. So nothing has changed. But yeah, I definitely don't think that I would have been able to do it better than her.

What would you say is the biggest misconception people have about you?

I think there's mixed feelings out there. I think there's some people that have seen me since season six and are now seeing me in All Stars and they're like, "Wait, what happened to her?" I think some people that don't know me at all, may see me as this super negative and evil, brash like, bully type person. Which is completely not me.

Those that know me personally and my family and my close friends, all know exactly who I am. And I think for me it's about creating a TV personality versus who I am during the day. Gia Ichikawa and Gia Gunn are very different. I had to kind of create that persona in order to bring clarity to my life. As for me, as a trans woman, drag at one point, not too long ago became very confusing for me. I wasn't sure if it was my reality or a character or what. So, I kind of built this wall up to be able to separate the two.

I’m curious: Did you go into this competition accepting the role of the villain? I think you brought some much-needed drama this season, but what that the game plan or did it come naturally?

You know what? When I go on TV, I honestly don't go in there calculated at all. I don't go in there with anything planned. I just kind of let whatever boils up in the moment, come out. And I think that's why I've been able to create such legendary television. Other people go in there mincing their words and holding back because there's cameras in front of them. And just not being themselves.

I think some people accuse me of being fake and being misleading, but in all reality, I think that's being fake: Holding back because there's a camera in front of you, because you're worried about what fans are going to say. For me, that's not being genuine to who you are and that's not dedicating yourself to television. Which, I was there dedicated to creating good TV. Not necessarily to drag. If that makes sense?

That totally makes sense. So, out of the remaining girls, who are you rooting for?

I'm definitely rooting for Trinity. I'm definitely rooting for Naomi Smalls. And I'm definitely rooting for Manila as well, my Asian sis.

Last question: what are your plans for 2019?

I plan on going on a one woman tour where I'll just be showing people who I am through theater, through dance, through drag, through visuals, through speech. And I invite those that are willing to get to know me for who I am, to come and see me at those tour dates. It's going to be called the "This is Me" tour and I will be basically sharing my journey with people, from childhood to becoming a drag queen and a gay man and now a trans woman.

On top of that, just conquering the world and continuing to just be visible and living my truth. I really look forward to, hopefully, transitioning out of drag and doing things that, for me, are much more needed in this world. I feel that now, with the hundred plus RuPaul's Drag Race alumni that we have, there's so much underestimated talent out there and drag queens that are literally putting in so much effort into their craft. I feel that for somebody like me, who had the time, not only on TV, but also within the industry -- I definitely look forward to, not closing the door, but allowing more doors to open for other artists out there who really want this.

And that's not to say that I don't want it anymore, I just definitely feel myself moving forward. I feel myself advancing. And just getting more in touch with what life really means to me. Drag will forever and always be the reason that I am the proud trans woman that I am. And now that I am that, I look forward to transitioning along with my journey and every aspect in my life.