Gabrielle-Aplin.jpg

After 63.5 million Spotify streams, 80 million YouTube views, 1.5 million sales of singles from her debut album 'English Rain', and #1 chart positions in the UK and Australia, GABRIELLE APLIN builds towards the September release of her second album with its title track 'LIGHT UP THE DARK' which impacts on July 10th.

Written by Gabrielle with long time writing partner Luke Potashnick, 'LIGHT UP THE DARK' immediately telegraphs Aplin's fresh Feist-meets-Cat Power style. Mixed by Craig Silvey (Arcade Fire, The National, Florence + The Machine), 'LIGHT UP THE DARK' is available as an instant grat track for fans who pre-order her upcoming second album which shares the same title.

Gabrielle has also announced a special show at Wilton's Music Hall on July 9th. A pre-sale for fans will open from 9am on Wednesday June 3rd from http://smarturl.it/GabrielleAplinTour before the general sale commences on 9am on Friday June 5th.

In addition, Gabrielle has also been added to the line-up at Bestival in September.

Months of touring the world with 'English Rain' improved Aplin's musicianship exponentially ' her guitar and piano skills were heightened, and spending most of her time with other musicians added a new dimension to her songwriting. Also vital was her experimentations with different microphones, vintage equipment and old synths.

The new album was inspired by Joni Mitchell and the production on Feist's 'The Reminder'. 'Her voice is just here, right at the front, and everything sits around it perfectly. I've also become much more comfortable writing songs about other people's stories as well as my own, much of which is inspired by travelling and everything I've seen since my first album.'