"Life is so fucking fragile".

G-Eazy became visibly overwhelmed as he paid tribute to Mac Miller, only hours after the rapper’s death was announced.

The rapper paid tribute to Miller as he performed in Tampa on Friday night – becoming one of the first musical voices to pay tribute.

“I swear, life is so fucking fragile,” he said during an emotional performance of ‘Everything Will Be OK’ at Tampa’s MidFlorida Credit Union Ampitheatre.

“Appreciate the moment. Be present in it. Tell people you love you care about them.”

Before the performance, he had paid tribute on Instagram – describing Miller as a “brother”.

“Completely devastated and heart broken I’m at a loss for words mac you were like a brother to me and were there for me in the hardest of times, especially this summer,” he wrote on Instagram.

“I can’t believe this is real. Please tell your friends and the people you care about you love them life is so fucking fragile. You will be missed and your music will live on forever through the millions of people you touched. Thank you for all you gave us, love you bro.”

After the performance, he shared a photo of himself onstage – which featured Miller’s face on a giant screen.

Miller, whose real name was Malcolm McCormick, was found unresponsive at noon on September 7 at his San Fernando Valley home. Whilst no official cause of death has yet been released, Miller is believed to have died from an apparent overdose.