Frank-Turner.jpg

Frank Turner will release his next studio album on August 7th through Xtra Mile Recordings and Polydor Records.

'Positive Songs For Negative People' is the singer-songwriter's sixth album and the follow-up to 2013's critically-acclaimed 'Tape Deck Heart'. It was made with his trusted backing band The Sleeping Souls and produced by Butch Walker in Nashville. 'I feel like this record is my definitive statement, a summation of the first five records,' says Turner.

The first taste of the album is the single 'The Next Storm' which is available as an instant download for fans who pre-order the album on iTunes. The video for 'The Next Storm' features Turner in the boxing ring with CM Punk, the longest-reigning WWE Champion of the modern era.

It has been an eventful decade for the troubadour from Winchester who now resides in Holloway, North London. Turner released his debut album, 'Sleep is For The Week', in 2007 and has been on a stunning upward curve ever since. He is now one of the country's most cherished songwriters, a man who plays the biggest venues in the land and whose records reach the higher echelons of the charts but who has never lost sight of his original MO: write, record, tour, repeat.

As he turned his attention towards his sixth album at the tail-end of 2014, Turner thought back to his debut. 'When a band makes a debut record, there's a freshness and excitement to it that bands often lose as time goes by,' he says. 'I wanted to try and make a record with that young, exciting feel.' The idea was that Frank and his band would capture the exhilarating thrill of their live show. After a period of writing and perfecting the songs at a rehearsal studio in Oxfordshire, they headed to the US to work with Walker for an intense nine-day recording session in which the album was completed. 'Pretty much all of it is live. The end result is everything I wanted it to be,' he says.

Frank Turner has also announced details of a 16 date UK headline tour in November which will take in 11 cities and see Frank playing to an audience of over 35,000 fans. Tickets will go on general sale 9am on Friday 19th June or fans who pre-order 'Positive Songs For Negative People' via the Official Frank Turner Store will gain access to pre-sale tickets on sale from 9am Wednesday 17th June.

Thu 05 Nov 2015 Llandudno Venue Cymru Arena
Fri 06 Nov 2015 Southampton Guildhall
Mon 09 Nov 2015 Falmouth Princess Pavillion
Fri 13 Nov 2015 Glasgow Barrowland
Sat 14 Nov 2015 Newcastle University
Sun 15 Nov 2015 Nottingham Rock City
Wed 18 Nov 2015 Birmingham O2 Academy
Thu 19 Nov 2015 Sheffield O2 Academy
Sat 21 Nov 2015 Bristol Colston Hall
Mon 23 Nov 2015 Manchester Academy
Thu 26 Nov 2015 London Alexandra Palace

Check out the recent Music-News.com interview with Franks at SXSW in Austin Texas below.

https://youtu.be/H-VCN_qTpUA