What's next for the Foos?

Dave Grohl has said that Foo Fighters are set to ‘take a break’ after their current tour, but already has an idea of what shape their next album will take.

The band’s last album ‘Concrete & Gold‘ was released in 2017, followed by a lengthy world tour of festivals and stadiums. Now, Grohl has said that once their current live commitments are complete, you won’t be seeing them for a while.

“It’s a challenge, you know? You kind of set these goals for yourself, to see if you can do it again, even when you’re crawling to the finish line you know that it’s there,” he told Billboard. “So here we are at the last set of shows we’ve been on for a year and a half and I’m ready to take a break but I’m ready to do it again at some point.”

He continued: “When we start making records it’s almost like I don’t hear the song as much as I can see them, in my head. So I don’t read music, I see music in kind of shapes and patterns, so I can see the next record, I know that there is another one there, I don’t know when but I think I know what we should do.

“We’ve been lucky, we’ve had this lightning rod that we’ve followed for fucking twenty four years, or whatever and it takes us where we think we should go.”

There have also been rumours that Adele could feature on the Foos next album, after she was unable to appear on ‘Concrete & Gold’.

The frontman has also recently expressed his desire to make another season of their acclaimed ‘Sonic Highways‘.

The first season ‘Sonic Highways’ originally premiered on HBO (and later BBC Four in the UK) in October 2014, following Dave Grohl and his band as they recorded their eighth studio album of the same name in eight different cities around America.

“Well, we’ve been working on it for six years now, and . . . I’m kidding,” said Grohl. “That door is always open. And a lot of great things have stemmed from that series. There are now kids in schools across the country making their own Sonic Highways about the little towns where they live.

“I still have the concept for the second season, so, someday.”

Grohl also recently dropped ‘Play’ – a 23 minute solo track along with a mini-documentary about its creation.