Foo Fighters have posted a hilarious video dismissing rumours of a split.

On Tuesday night (01Mar16), the rockers teased their fans when they posted a cryptic message on Twitter which read: "Official band announcement tomorrow night. Stay tuned."

The announcement was then released on Wednesday (02Mar16) - and fans can breathe a sigh of relief.

It turned out to be a seven-minute video in which the group poke fun at allegations they are going to break up. It kicks off with frontman Dave Grohl, who had sparked claims he was releasing his own music following his performance at the Grammy Awards last month (Feb16), starting his solo career by trying his luck at electronic dance music. His first attempt, a ballad, includes lyrics like: "I want to be free, free to be… me. Can’t you see, now it’s just me/And now, I’m free, to be me, just me. Not those other three, or four. Or how many more.”

His bandmates are then seen discussing potential replacements for Grohl's frontman position, with Prince, Oasis' Liam Gallagher and Justin Bieber all thrown into the mix. Making sure everyone knows the video is a joke, the band are then seen auditioning former 98 Degrees singer Nick Lachey for the position, with the singer performing his version of the Foo's track Everlong.

The video comes to an end with a message flashing up reading: "For the millionth time, we’re not breaking up. And nobody’s f**king going solo!”

It is unclear whether or not drummer Taylor Hawkins' video interview conducted in January (16) and released on Wednesday was part of the skit.

In the footage, Hawkins revealed the group has no plans to hit the road or the recording studio any time soon.

"We're on 'I-hate-us' right now, we're on an indefinite I-hate-us,'" Hawkins said with a pun on the word "hiatus". "It's not because we don't love each other, or don't want to make music together... We did so much in the last five or six years - we as a band could go into the studio tomorrow and have just as much fun as we ever had, but I think the world needs a break from us for a little while."

https://youtu.be/4rW1wuNyDKg