Get ready.

Foals have shared a new teaser trailer featuring a snippet of music for what appears to be a new two new albums called ‘Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost’ Part 1 and Part 2.

Fans have been eagerly awaiting news on the Oxford band’s new album, with the first rough details of the record emerging late last year. After they started a countdown that ends at 3pm today (Wednesday January 9), now the band have shared a short teaser video.

The 30 second clip features sombre and cinematic ambient piano music, backing dramatic scenes on someone on fire and wondering through a snowy desolate landscape. The caption reads:

“Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost

Part 1
Part 2
2019″

This will mark the band’s first album without bassist Walter Gervers, who amicably left the group last year.

“To all our fans,” they wrote. “Sadly we have to announce that our mate Water has decided to leave the band to pursue a new life. The parting has been sad but we remain firm friends. He’ll always be out brother, we love him and wish him well in his future endeavours.

“We had 12 amazing years touring together from a small postal van to the Pyramid Stage and beyond. It’s the end of a chapter, but not the end of the book.”

Foals continued: “We want to thank him for all his time and energy and passion and we want to thank you for all your support from the early days and into the future.

“We are making new music and working on the fifth LP. It’s gonna be the best yet. Keep those ears alive.”

The band confirmed they were back in the studio at the end of 2017 and said they had been writing songs since October. Speaking to NME ahead of entering the studio, Philippakis said: “I think the world is obviously affecting the way we feel as individuals.

“I definitely feel that when I’m writing lyrics or music, that it’s in dialogue with what’s going on around me in isolation – so I’m sure there will be things in the lyrics to do with, not just the political climate but also the environmental situation that’s happening now. I think that it will be there.”

Foals have already started building a tour schedule for 2019, with the band so far confirmed as headliners of This Is Tomorrow in Newcastle and Croatia’s INmusic festival. It is possible that the big countdown in question could have been set ahead of the announcement of some big festival or touring news.