The band will return in summer after a year away from the stage

Foals have announced their first live shows of 2019.

The band, who last released 2015’s ‘What Went Down‘, have not played live in 2018, wrapping up touring for that album last summer. Instead, they have been busy working on a new record.

Today (October 23), the group were confirmed for two German festivals due to take place next summer. Foals will appear at Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park, which take place in Nürburgring and Zeppelinfield respectively.

Both festivals take place over the weekend of June 7-9. Bastille, Die Antwoord, Tool, The 1975, and Slipknot are also among the acts confirmed to perform at the events. Tickets are available to purchase now and will cost €169 for a weekend ticket to Rock Am Ring, or €219 for a weekend ticket to Rock Im Park.

Earlier this year, Foals frontman Yannis Philippakis appeared to tease new music from the band in one of his Instagram stories. The musician posted a handful of short videos from the studio, with the sound of synths audible in the background.

The band confirmed they were back in the studio at the end of 2017 and said they had been writing songs since October. Speaking to NME ahead of entering the studio, Philippakis said: “I think the world is obviously affecting the way we feel as individuals.

“I definitely feel that when I’m writing lyrics or music, that it’s in dialogue with what’s going on around me in isolation – so I’m sure there will be things in the lyrics to do with, not just the political climate but also the environmental situation that’s happening now. I think that it will be there.”

Meanwhile, bassist Walter Gervers left the band in January 2018. Announcing the news, the band described his departure as “the end of a chapter, but not the end of a book.”