Florence + the Machine Debuts 'Hunger,' Announces 'High As Hope' Album

Florence + the Machine will unveil their next album 'High As Hope' this summer.

Florence + the Machine has dropped a new song “Hunger” today (May 4), along with the news that the band’s fourth studio album High As Hope will be released on June 29 (Republic Records).

"This song is about the ways we look for love in things that are perhaps not love, and how attempts to feel less alone can sometimes isolate us more,” Florence Welch says of the new track. “I guess I made myself more vulnerable in this song to encourage connection, because perhaps a lot more of us feel this way than we are able to admit. Sometimes when you can’t say it, you can sing it.”

Welch wrote, co-produced and recorded most of the new record in solitude, and the songs were finished in Los Angeles with co-producer Emile Haynie, according to a release. Kamasi Washington, Sampha, Tobias Jesso Jr, Kelsey Lu and Jamie xx are also featured collaborators.

Florence + the Machine previously released the single “Sky Full of Song” on April 12. The band also announced they’ll play six intimate tour dates in the US and UK later this month, and will be opening for The Rolling Stones in London on May 25.

Watch the video for “Hunger:”