These will be the guitar legend's only UK shows next year

Eric Clapton has announced details of a three-night residency at London’s iconic Royal Albert Hall.

Marking his only UK shows of 2019, the guitar legend will take to the capital for a trio of huge shows in May. Following on from recent shows at New York’s Madison Square Garden and headlining this summer’s British Summer Time at London’s Hyde Park, Clapton will be accompanied by band members Chris Stainton, Nathan East, Doyle Bramhall and Sonny Emory.

The full list of upcoming dates is below, with tickets on sale from 10am on Friday October 26 and available here.

Monday May 13, 2019 – LONDON Royal Albert Hall
Wednesday May 15, 2019 – LONDON Royal Albert Hall
Thursday May 16, 2019 – LONDON Royal Albert Hall

Clapton recently released his festive album ‘Merry Xmas’ – with the track ‘Jingle Bells’ dedicated to Avicii. The DJ was found dead from an apparent suicide in April.

He told Billboard: “I had in my head that these holiday songs could be done with a slight blues tinge, and I started to figure out how to play the blues lines in between the vocals,

“I got it down and one of the most identifiable songs on the album, the one that became the foundational style, is ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.’”

Clapton recently revealed that he’s “going deaf” while speaking about ongoing health problems.

Confirming that he still plans to perform live, Clapton added: “The only thing I’m concerned with now is being in my seventies and being able to be proficient. I mean, I’m going deaf, I’ve got tinnitus, my hands just about work.”

“I’m hoping that people will come along and see me just because, or maybe more than because I’m a curiosity,” he continued. “I know that is part of it, because it’s amazing to myself I’m still here.”

“I have to get on the bottom of the ladder every time I play guitar, just to tune it,” Clapton explained. “Then I have to go through the whole threshold of getting calluses [on the fingers] back, coordination.”