Ennio-Morricone.jpg

Internationally renowned Italian film composer Ennio Morricone announced today that he will appear at The O2, London on Monday 16 February, as part of a large-scale world tour in January 2016, with a completely new programme to mark his 60-year Anniversary as a professional composer and conductor.

The announcement follows a hugely successful European arena tour which ended in Zagreb last April, and which saw the Maestro perform to over 150,000 audience members in 22 European cities. Across the continent the tour received standing ovations and overwhelming critical acclaim in the media.

Discussing his new forthcoming tour, Morricone said: 'Performing my work live in all these different cities for people of so many different ages and cultural backgrounds is an incredibly gratifying experience. Next year I will celebrate my professional career of 60 Years during which I composed over 600 works'.

'Next year I will perform a whole new program with new highlights, which I am already working on. Of course there will always be the classic pieces from the great Sergio Leone westerns and The Mission. But overall the experience will be different this time. I plan to include a suite for example with pieces of music, which I composed for 7 different movies which all won Oscars!'

Before he embarks on his world tour, the Maestro will also conduct a very special mass dedicated to Pope Franciscus on 10 June 2015 in Rome. The mass is a one-off composition, for which he was commissioned by the Jesuit Order to commemorate the 200-year anniversary of their reformation in 1814 by Pope Pius VII. The mass will be performed at the Jesuit Church of GesĂš in Rome at Piazza del GesĂš. Ennio Morricone will conduct the Roma Sinfionetta Orchestra and two choirs following the Venetian tradition.

The World Tour will premiere in Prague on the 15 January 2016. Prague is home to Morricone's beloved Czech National Symphony Orchestra, which accompanied the Maestro on his previous international tours and which recorded with him for major international motion pictures including the 2013 release of The Best Offer by Giuseppe Tornatore, for which Ennio Morricone received the European Film Award in the category 'Best Composer'. As with previous tours, the production will feature over 200 musicians and singers on stage.

ENNIO MORRICONE ' THE 60 YEARS OF MUSIC WORLD TOUR (Further Cities to be Announced)

January 2016
15 January PRAGUE O2 ARENA
17 January BUDAPEST PAPP LASZLO ARENA
19 January BRATISLAVA SLOVNAFT ARENA
February 2016
14 February DUBLIN 3ARENA
16 February LONDON THE O2
18 February COLOGNE LANXESS ARENA
20 February ANTWERP SPORTPALEIS
21 February AMSTERDAM ZIGGO DOME