Justin Bieber has revealed that he receives a phone call from mentor Will Smith at least once a week, while Eminem's manager has revealed his charge offered to help the troubled teenage pop star.

Bieber, who has been in the headlines recently after causing offence in Argentina during a South American tour, discussed his relationship with the Men In Black actor during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which he also mentions how he doesn't care what critics of his lifestyle have to say.

After discussing his "weekly" calls with Smith, Bieber moves onto the subject of the public's perception of him. "I don't give a fuck," he says. "Not 'I don't give a fuck' to just be reckless and do whatever, but 'I don't give a fuck what they say.' I know who I am and what I'm doing in my life and what I've accomplished and continue to accomplish as a performer, as a writer, as an artist, as a person, as a human being. I'm happy with the man I'm becoming."

He also mentions that he is mentored by Oprah Winfrey and that Eminem has previously offered him support. Manager Scooter Braun states that Oprah Winfrey, Adam Levine and Mark Wahlberg each have reached out to Bieber, while Rita Wilson offered to have husband Tom Hanks counsel him. Eminem's manager, Paul Rosenberg, is also said to have told Braun: "If you ever want Eminem to talk to him, he would do it in a second. He cares about that kid."

Talking about his client's career, Braun adds: "Justin's got to go through it. You can't stop him from going through it." He adds: "That's youth in itself. He's a young man who's growing up, and that's what makes him interesting and relatable. Otherwise, he'd be some kind of weird robot."

Earlier this month it was reported that Bieber had been spotted by photographers leaving a Brazilian brothel with his head covered by a bed sheet to protect his modesty.

The singer had reportedly been in the brothel for over three hours, before he headed back to his hotel with two girls. He and his security team were later kicked out of their hotel for breaking rules, according to local sources.