Eminem has admitted he took so long releasing his new album 'Marshall Mathers LP 2' because he was too lazy to finish it.

The rapper, who last released an album three years ago with 'Recovery', said he was more interested in working on other projects than finishing his latest record.

He told NRJ radio: "I did the 'Recovery' album then I started working on some side projects for Shady Records, the label. I did some producing on a Yellow Wolf album and the Slaughterhouse album I did a collaboration album with Royce tha '59 called 'Bad Meets Evil'. In the middle of all that I was recording for this album."

Eminem added: "It's basically because I'm lazy that it took so long. Now that the album is done, I'm finally going to shower."

The album is currently Number One in the UK official album chart and top of the Official Record Store Chart. Earlier this year, the rapper also said that "nothing" excites him about his forthcoming new album, after he made an appearance on ESPN's Saturday Night Football programme. Asked what he was most excited about with the album, he responded simply: "nothing". He then continued to explain: "I'll probably be most excited to just be done with it. It's called 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2' and it's kind of a revisit to the first Marshall Mathers LP. That's pretty much all I can probably say about it." You can watch footage of that appearance below.