Eminem has called fellow hip-hop star Macklemore "dope".

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Eminem sings the praises of the 'Same Love' artist, calling him a "really good songwriter". Eminem commented: "I've heard Macklemore's whole album... he's really dope. Macklemore is, yeah, he's dope." He added: "I think there's very technical shit that he does. He's a really good songwriter, too. Conceptually, the shit he does is pretty fuckin' incredible."

Rolling Stone reached out to Macklemore for a response. "What meant the most to me out of all that shit, is what he said about the technical stuff, and the songwriting," he said. "Because I think a lot of people do, for whatever reason, think that there's not a technical skill set to what I bring to the records. And to have Em validate that – I mean, that's like the technician of technical rap. So that was super fresh to me. And obviously he's Em, he's one of the best rappers ever."

Eminem recently previewed the video for 'Rap God', taken from his new album 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2'. The controversial track will be accompanied by a video which sees Eminem channeling '80s TV character Max Headroom, as you can see in the 26-second preview below. The 'Rap God' video is directed by Rich Lee, who directed Eminem's 'Not Afraid' and 'Lighters' videos and was shot at the Russell Industrial Centre in Detroit.

'Rap God' is third track from 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2' to get a video after 'Berzerk' and 'Survival'. Fans will not have to wait long for the fourth, however, with Rihanna sharing an image from the set of their video for Number One single 'The Monster' earlier this week via her Facebook page. The image (pictured right) sees Eminem and Rihanna together on the set of a video for the first time since 'Love The Way You Lie' in 2010.

Eminem released his new album 'The Marshall Mathers LP 2' earlier this month, going straight to Number One in the Official UK Album Chart. The album, a sequel-of-sorts to his breakthrough album, 2000's 'The Marshall Mathers LP', makes him the first American artist to ever achieve seven back-to-back UK Number Ones.