"So excited to say goodbye in the most fantastic way".

Elton John has announced the first UK dates of his ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road’ tour.

The music icon will play shows in Hove and Cardiff in June 2019, after announcing plans for his final ever tour earlier this year.

Check out the dates below, including two shows in Ireland. You can buy tickets here.

Sun June 09 2019 – HOVE Central County Ground
Wed June 12 2019 – DUBLIN 3Arena
Thu June 13 2019 – DUBLIN 3Arena
Sat June 15 2019 – CARDIFF City Stadium

“I am very happy to announce the launch of my UK Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour with concerts in Hove and Cardiff”, Elton said of the shows.

“The audiences in the South Coast and Wales have always been some of the most welcoming and exciting I have played in front of over the past forty-two years and the band and I are so excited to say goodbye in the most fantastic way. It’s going to be amazing!”

Last week, Elton was seen taking part in a rap battle for a new Snickers advert in the US, with the artist taking on the role of rising rapper Boogie’s “hungry” alter-ego.

After Boogie’s turn is announced in the battle, John unexpectedly appears and sings a snippet of his 1976 duet with Kiki Dee, ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’ – much to the bemusement of party-goers.