89822.jpg

Ellie Goulding claims her boyfriend Dougie Poynter is 'the one forever'.

The 28-year-old Lights singer was first romantically linked with the McFly musician in 2013 and their relationship was confirmed in February of this year.

Ellie is absolutely enamoured with Dougie and she envisions sharing a long future with him.

"He is definitely the one forever. He's been through a lot, and he has a quiet depth that I love," she told Elle UK magazine. "And you know what, when I was a teenager, I fancied him, but I thought he was out of my league. Way too good-looking for me.'

A representative confirmed to People magazine Ellie and Dougie are not yet engaged.

However, she believes there is potential for marriage.

"Calvin Harris has already offered to play at our wedding,' the songstress revealed to Elle UK. 'Not that we've organised one. But the offer has been made."

Ellie's love life has been tabloid fodder for several years. A rumour emerged claiming while dating One Direction pop star Niall Horan, she cheated with Ed Sheeran, but Ellie denies this ever happened.

"I did go on a few dates with Niall, but I was never in a relationship with Ed," she explained. "I have absolutely no idea where that came from and why it was turned into such a big thing."

Ellie recently starred in the music video for her friend Taylor Swift's new single Bad Blood.

Taylor's love life is also evaluated often in the press and they have bonded over this experience.

"I find it so frustrating that female musicians are constantly defined by the men they have or haven't dated. It's something I've talked about with Taylor a lot. She definitely feels that. She gets bothered by it," Ellie said.

"It's like, you can be a great artist, you can write great songs, but the thing that everyone is going to talk about is some relationship they think you have had or not had. It's definitely something we both think happens to female artists over male artists."