89862.jpg

Ellie Goulding set Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris up because they are the perfect height match.

Ellie is one of the most popular singers in the industry, and she counts the likes of Taylor, Katy Perry and Lorde as close friends.

She's also pals with Scottish DJ Calvin, and the pair have previously collaborated on hit tracks Outside and I Need Your Love. It was because of Calvin's stature that she decided to match him with leggy Taylor.

"I did play matchmaker, that's true. Calvin is a really great mate and he's so fantastic, and Taylor is such a cool person who I love. I thought, 'They're both really awesome and both really tall, they'll be brilliant together,'" Ellie laughed to British newspaper The Sun.

Ellie has had her fair share of high-profile relationships and recently admitted she once enjoyed a few dates with One Direction's Niall Horan.

She's currently loved up with British music star Dougie Poynter and has called him her "one forever". And it seems a double date with Calvin and Taylor is now on the cards.

"We're all friends. Taylor loves Dougie, Calvin loves Dougie, so yeah, I'm sure that will happen. Watch this space!" she smiled to glamourmagazine.co.uk.

"Maybe [me and Dougie will collaborate]... we do play songs together but we just have a laugh, and we have very different worlds in music and we keep it like that. It's best to keep it that way."

Ellie took home the UK Solo Artist gong at the Glamour Women's of the Year Awards earlier this week.

Calvin also managed to bag a trophy, winning Man of the Year.