89951.jpg

Ellie Goulding and her team are like a "dysfunctional family" on tour.

The 28-year-old star rarely gets time to relax, as she's always busy promoting and performing her music.

She'll also support her friend Taylor Swift when she hits London's Hyde Park as part of her 1989 Tour later this month. Luckily Ellie has a great network of people to lean on during this hectic time.

"It seriously has been constant!" she laughed to the British edition of Glamour magazine. "So many shows, so many countries, so many amazing audiences and one-off experiences. Every show is different and we like to have a few drinks to celebrate after the gig. On the road, we're like a big dysfunctional family. I love it, as long as I get to come home every few weeks."

Alongside Taylor, Ellie counts Calvin Harris, Cara Delevingne and Lorde among her celebrity friends. It's not easy to keep a showbiz friendship going, but the blonde star and her gang are used to overcoming the obstacles.

"We're all on different paths with different highs and lows, but we all have to experience some of the same pressures," she explained.

"Mainly we keep in touch via SMS, as everyone is on different time zones."

Ellie also recently used her star power to create the new A-list power couple, claiming she's the one who set songstress Taylor up with Scottish DJ Calvin.

"I did play matchmaker, that's true. Calvin is a really great mate and he's so fantastic, and Taylor is such a cool person who I love. I thought, 'They're both really awesome and both really tall, they'll be brilliant together,'" Ellie laughed to British newspaper The Sun.