“I went up to Seattle and spent four or five days with him"

Bradley Cooper has revealed how Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder wasn’t convinced that his big-screen reboot of A Star Is Born would be a good idea.

The film, which is set for release next month, has seen Cooper touted as an early Oscar contender for his acclaimed turn as rocker Jackson Maine and his first time behind the camera.

But despite awards beckoning, it seems that Pearl Jam frontman Vedder wasn’t so sure after he was visited by Cooper to achieve inspiration for the movie.

“I went up to Seattle and spent four or five days with him and I asked him 9,000 questions,” Cooper revealed to Yahoo. “And he gave me minor, little things that only musicians know about what to do, just aesthetically and the inner workings.”

However, he wasn’t perhaps entirely on board with the whole project.

“He thought it was crazy I was going to do this movie,” Cooper said. “He was like, ‘What? Bro, don’t do that.’

He added that Vedder was “wonderful.”

A Star Is Born debuted at the Venice Film Festival in August and secured instant critical acclaim. It follows the story of boozing country singer Maine, who falls in love with Ally (Lady Gaga), a talented young waitress-cum-singer as their careers head in entirely different trajectories.

An early review for Talkhouse, lauded the film as an “instant classic”, saying: “It’s one of those rare movies that grabs you from the opening shot and then just gets better and better with each passing scene”.

A Star Is Born is released on October 4.