Ed Sheeran is definitely feeling a little bummed about not getting a nomination for Best Original Song at this year’s Academy Awards.

The singer put together the tune “I See Fire” for Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Since a lot of people enjoyed the song, Sheeran obviously thought the committee would give him the proverbial nod. Unfortunately, things didn’t go his way.

Feeling a little down and out about the Oscar snub, Ed Sheeran decided to share his thoughts and feelings with his millions of followers on Twitter. Check out the guy’s amusing tweet below. Sometimes a single word says it all.

Schnubbed

— Ed Sheeran (@edsheeran) January 16, 2014

Not surprisingly, a lot of Ed Sheeran’s faithful supporters also felt that the singer got snubbed by the folks who handle the Oscars. In their humble opinion, the person who ultimately takes home the award definitely doesn’t serve the honor.

U2's 'Ordinary Love' too much of an ordinary song to be nominated for an Oscar. Coldplay's 'Atlas' & Ed Sheeran's 'I See Fire' much deserved

— كليوبطة (@Cleobatta) January 17, 2014

ED SHEERAN NOT LOST THE OSCAR IS THE OSCAR THAT LOST ED SHEERAN.

— THUNDER ED (@tuonodrl) January 16, 2014

THE OSCAR NEEDS ED SHEERAN BUT ED SHEERAN DOESNT NEED THE OSCAR

— +=x (@cauzisheeran) January 16, 2014

Of course, not everyone feels this way.

Who's gonna tell Ed Sheeran that the reason his Hobbit song wasn't given an Oscar nod *might* be because it's not very good? Just a thought.

— Nick Reilly (@NickJWReilly) January 17, 2014

If nothing else, at least Ed Sheeran had fun writing the song for The Desolation of Smaug. The singer-songwriter recently explained that penning the song from a dwarf’s point of view was definitely a little tough. Since Sheeran often writes from his own personal experiences, this added a layer of challenge to the project.

“Every single song I have written has come from a personal experience and I’m not a dwarf yet so writing a song from a dwarf perspective in a land of dragons and wizards was a different way of approaching things. I wasn’t channeling a dwarf in myself but watching the film and thinking if I was that dude what would I be thinking,” Sheeran said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mllXxyHTzfg

He added, “I instantly wrote the song off my reaction from watching the film. I didn’t really know how to approach it, Peter Jackson said he wanted a folk song so I was trying to go in that direction but I am mostly known for songs that wouldn’t fit in a Hobbit film.”