The 'New Rules' artist has been included in the inaugural Vogue 25, which also honours the likes of Meghan Markle and JK Rowling

Dua Lipa has been named as one of Britain’s most influential women in a new list which has been published by Vogue.

The fashion publication’s inaugural list, The Vogue 25, is celebrating “an extraordinary cast of leaders [who are] defining – and redefining – the way we live now”.

Lipa is the youngest entrant on the list at the age of 22, and is described by Vogue as “a culture definer” – with special praise being given to her 2017 hit single ‘New Rules’, which is hailed as “an anthem of female empowerment [and] laid out a blueprint for modern sex lives”.

The artist is joined on The Vogue 25 by the likes of The Duchess of Sussex, Black Panther and Black Mirror star Letitia Wright, and JK Rowling.

Amal Clooney, Orla Doherty and Grace Ladoja – who manages Skepta – were also among the women to be recognised.

Earlier this week, Dua Lipa shed new light on the direction of her next album, revealing that she’s been inspired recently by listening to the likes of OutKast and Prince.

“It has throwback elements, too,” she told NME about the sound of her upcoming record. “I’ve been listening to a lot of OutKast and Prince and things sonically I’m such a fan of, so I’m just trying to take that and put it together with pop.”