She also dismisses talk of a Taylor Swift feud

Dua Lipa has explained why her collaboration with Ariana Grande won’t get released.

The pair’s track together had long been discussed by fans. But, in a new interview with Watch What Happens Live, Lipa has revealed that the song recorded in January is unlikely to ever see the light of day.

Lipa said: “I love Ari, I love everything she does. But the timing wasn’t quite right.” She added that their busy schedules meant neither singer was able to go back and finish their parts for the potential collab.

In the same interview, Lipa also dismissed speculation of a feud with Taylor Swift. The rumours began when Lipa said she prefers Kanye West, when asked by chat show host Andy Cohen who she favoured in a rapid fire “Either/or” segment of his show.

Lipa told Watch What Happens Live: “For music at the time, Kanye was what I was into.” She also admitted that she had turned down the chance to record a sing that went on to be a huge hit for another artist, but declined to give further details. She explained: “I don’t want to take away from anybody who has had success with that song. The song was a hit because of them.”

Dua Lipa finished her world tour with a show in Denver last night (December 11), having played 245 shows since it began in October 2017. Lipa posted on Instagram: “Show 245. A crazy fun emotional rollercoaster. Grateful beyond belief for every person that has filled every nook in these venues and have been a part of the journey. Never in a million years would I have thought I’d finish my first album tour as a Grammy nominee. This shows your power and your love and I am so humbled. You are loved and appreciated more than you know. Excited to bring more music and see you all on the road again.”

Following the success of her self-titled 2017 album, Dua Lipa’s second album is due for release next year. She told GQ it will feature “pop you’ll be able to dance to, but a lot of the songs are sad.” Details of writers and producers are so far under wraps, though she featured on Mark Ronson and Diplo’s project Silk City, on the single ‘Electricity’.