drake.jpg

Drake has revealed he's been 'working tirelessly' on his new album, Views from the 6.

The 28-year-old Canadian rapper spoke at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco on Monday.
While promoting the technology giant's new streaming service Apple Music, Drake disclosed details about the status of Views from the 6.

'As I'm working tirelessly on this next album, this comes at the perfect time for me,' Drake said during a speech he was delivering, which centred on Apple Music's Connect feature. 'Given the great success of my last mixtape that went directly to iTunes, I can't wait to incorporate Apple Music and especially Connect to what I'm doing next. I'm really excited about what I'm working on.'

The New York Times has previously dubbed Apple Music Connect a 'social network for musicians'.

And Drake shared his thoughts on how Connect has impacted his life as an artist.

'I came up here to share my story about the way technology changed what I do for a living,' he noted in his speech.

'Instead of having to post your stuff on all these different and sometimes confusing places, it all lives in one very simple and easy place. That is Connect. It's right from where you are in your city in front of your computer. This approach is how we broke in 2008. And it has been perfected and simplified, of course, by the great people at Apple.'

The New York Post recently reported Drake, real name Aubrey Graham, signed a $19 million deal with Apple to guest DJ on iTunes radio in addition to a host of other promotional efforts.

The hip hop star's forthcoming album Views from the 6 is expected to be released later on this year.