The Toronto rapper's fifth studio album only came out back in June

Drake has told his fans that a follow-up to his recently-released album ‘Scorpion’ could arrive sooner rather than later.

The Toronto rapper only released the double album – his fifth studio LP – back in June, which itself followed just two years on from 2016’s ‘Views’. Last year also saw a full release from Drake in the form of the guest-heavy ‘More Life’ project.

Speaking to fans during his show in Edmonton on Wednesday night (November 7), Drake revealed that, after taking a short break, he plans to go straight back into the studio following the conclusion of his ongoing North American tour with Migos.

“Six shows left,” he said. “I guess most people would go on a vacation, or I don’t know what they do… But I’ma tell you what I’m gonna do.

“Because I keep having nights like this that remind me why I love my job so much, I promise you that as soon as this tour is over – and maybe I’ll take, like, a little break – I’ma get right to work on a new album, so we can be right here… and have a new party.”

See fan-shot footage of Drake speaking about his next project below.

Earlier this week, Drake paid a heartfelt tribute to one of his fans after she passed away. The rapper said he built “a genuine bond” with the fan – known on social media as ‘Kay The Queen’ – who he met through the Make-A-Wish program.