It's stood for over half a century

Drake has beaten a record that has been held by The Beatles for 54 years, thanks to his guest spot on Bad Bunny’s new track ‘MIA’.

His feature means that Drake has now had 12 songs to have reached the top ten of the US Billboard Hot 100 chart in 2018, the most that one artist has ever had in a single year.

The record was set by the fab four in 1964, when ‘I Feel Fine’ and ‘She’s A Woman’ entered the charts on December 26, taking the band’s total to 11.

That year also saw The Beatles release classics such as ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ and ‘A Hard Days Night’, but their record of over half a century now belongs to the Canadian rapper.

Drake topped the charts three times this year with ‘God’s Plan‘, ‘Nice For What‘ and ‘In My Feelings‘, and also featured on Lil Baby’s ‘Yes Indeed’, BlocBoy JB’s ‘Look Alive’, and Migos’ ‘Walk It Talk It’

The rest of his tracks that have featured are ‘Nonstop’, ‘I’m Upset’, ‘Diplomatic Immunity’, ‘Emotionless’, and ‘Don’t Matter to Me’.

Earlier this year, Drake broke another record when he became the first artist to reach over 50 billion streams across music platforms following the release of his album ‘Scorpion‘.

Elsewhere, Drake responded to Adele‘s praise for his recent LA show, which she called one of her “favourite shows of all time”.

The gig also saw him bring out Chris Brown to perform ‘Party’. Beforehand, Drake introduced him by calling him “one of the most talented human beings on the planet.”

Meanwhile, Drake spoke about his feuds with Pusha-T and Kanye West earlier this week. Appearing on LeBron James and Maverick Carter’s show The Shop, the star explained why he never responded to Pusha’s diss track, ‘The Story Of Adidon’.