Words are one thing, but man oh man is there little to no room for interpretation in Lady Gaga's facial expression when she makes a very clear distinction between herself and Madonna.

Lady Gaga's Joanne drops today, and she spoke with Beats1's Zane Lowe at length about the album — what inspired it, how she wrote the songs for it, the break-up she was figuring out through her creative process, the works. Lowe brought up that Gaga has a lot in common with the Queen of Pop, who also came up in the small club NYC scene of another era, and went so far as to say she lives a "parallel existence" to her when it comes to touching on certain themes in her music.

Yeeeeeeah. Gaga disagreed. Big time. Fast-forward to the 31:00 mark:

"Madonna and I are very different," she said without batting an eyelash. "I wouldn't make that comparison at all. I don't mean to to disrespect Madonna. She's a nice lady. She's had a fantastic, huge career; she's the biggest pop star of all time. But I play a lot of instruments. I write all my own music. I spend hours and hours a day in the studio. I'm a producer; I'm a writer. What I do is different."

Hoooo boy. She continued: "I'm not just rehearsing over and over again to put on a show. There is a spontaneity in my work. I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I'm not afraid of my flaws. There are major differences between me and her. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way; I just will not be compared to anyone anymore. I am who the fuck I am, and this is me. My life story is my life story, just like yours is."