Dizzee Rascal is set to be awarded honorary doctorate by University of East London today (November 18).

The rapper is being given the title for services to the local community. The grime artist - real name Dylan Mills - grew up in Bow, nearby the University, which is located in the London Borough of Newham.

Dizzee Rascal, who will be playing this winter's sold-out Jingle Bell Ball at London's O2 Arena on December 8 alongside Lady Gaga, released his new album 'The Fifth' in September 30. As well as Robbie Williams, the album features collaborations with Jessie J, Calvin Harris, Tinie Tempah, Bun B, Trae the Truth and Angel.

After releasing the album, Dizzee Rascal launched a scathing Twitter attack on BBC Radio 1. In a series of tweets, the rapper criticised the station's playlist decisions and also attacked the Live Lounge sessions.

"Who ever does Radio 1 playlist suck my dick! I'm tired of you Cocksuckers you better stop playing me. Make up your fucking minds!!!" he began. "I'm tired of putting up with these 2 faced pricks at Radio 1! If anyone's got a problem let me know. All this nice guy shits dead!"

Moving onto the Live Lounge, where artists are asked to play a cover, he continued: "Fuck Live Lounge! If I gotta keep fighting to get my shit played why bother doing someone else's song so you can sell it on ur shitty comp!"