"Their strength and love brought me back into the light."

Diddy has opened up on how he’s battled “deep depression” after the death of Kim Porter.

The hip-hop icon posted a photo of his mother Janice Combs and 12-year-old twin daughters Jessie and D’Lila on Instagram, alongside a caption that revealed his personal battles.

Porter, who dated Diddy for more than 10 years, was the mother to the twins and also shared sons Quincy and Christian with him. She passed away in November last year after a battle with pnuemonia.

Diddy wrote: “Mama and the babies. GOD IS SO GOOD. THE GREATEST!!! I’m the luckiest man in the world. The way my family has been strong has humbled me. They have led me. They brought me out of a state of deep depression. Their strength and love brought me back into the light. I love my family!! THANK YOU GOD @CombsFamily #MamaCombs @the_combs_twins @myfancychance they’re all born on the same day!!!! Dec 21. My mother and the twins.”

At the time of her death, Diddy had previously described Porter’s passing as a “nightmare.”

“For the last three days I’ve been trying to wake up out of this nightmare,” he wrote.

“But I haven’t. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you baby. I miss you so much. Today I’m going to pay tribute to you, I’m going to try and find the words to explain our unexplainable relationship.”

Other high profile tributes to Porter came from the likes of Nicki Minaj, Drake and Rihanna.