"God broke the mould when he made Kim, there was truly no other woman like her".

Rap icon Diddy has issued an emotional joint statement with Kim Porter’s family, ahead of the late model’s funeral this weekend.

The model passed away earlier this month, after suffering from “flu or pneumonia” in the days leading up to her death. She dated Diddy until 2007 and shared four children with the rapper.

After breaking his silence in the immediate aftermath of her death, Diddy has paid tribute once more in an emotional message released less than 24 hours before her funeral.

“God broke the mould when he made Kim, there was truly no other woman like her. Although her time here on earth was far too short, she lived a life full of purpose and meaning”, read a statement released to the Associated Press.

“She was a loving mother and devoted friend. She was the epitome of kindness and grace. There wasn’t a person she met who’s soul she did not touch. Kim was the type of woman who changed lives for the better.

“She will be forever remembered and missed by so many. As her family, we promise to honour her every day of our lives. We love you always.”

While unconfirmed reports claim that Diddy will deliver a eulogy at the service, his attendance has previously been confirmed.

Paying tribute after Porter’s death, Diddy shared an Instagram video that showed the pair cuddling while she was pregnant.

“For the last three days I’ve been trying to wake up out of this nightmare”, he captioned the post.

“But I haven’t. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you baby. I miss you so much. Today I’m going to pay tribute to you, I’m going to try and find the words to explain our unexplainable relationship.”