The wait is finally over. After months of preparation (and a slew of teasers), Demi Lovato is kicking off her Neon Lights Tour on Sunday (February 9).

And when she takes the stage in Vancouver for her first tour since 2012, the "Heart Attack" singer will watch months of hard work with music and creative director Nick Jonas pay off.

"This is bigger and better than any show I've ever put on," Lovato told MTV News at one of her final tour rehearsals. "It's a completely different tour. It's kind of just the next step of my career, and 2014 is going to be f---ing amazing."

Lovato, who said that elements of her tour were inspired by Beyoncé, is hitting the road with Fifth Harmony, Little Mix and Cher Lloyd.

"I'm looking forward to being in a routine — living on a tour bus, being in different cities and seeing different fans," Lovato said. "Every show, it gets better and better and you become more comfortable with the set list and some of the songs and see how it progresses and just be able to get closer with my fans."

However, she won't have too much down-time while on her tour bus, since Lovato is already hard at work for her upcoming fifth album, the follow-up to 2013's Demi.

"I've already started recording for my new album, and I have plans to record during the tour," Lovato said. "The sound just evolves into everything that I've been and everything that I want to become. I've never been so sure of myself as an artist when it comes down to confidence, but not only personal things, but exactly what I want my sound to be and what I know I'm capable of and this album will give me the opportunity to show people what I can really do."