Bassist recently teamed up with band member Mike Shinoda

Linkin Park‘s bass player Dave “Phoenix” Farrell has hinted that new music from the band may be on the way.

Farrell and Mike Shinoda recently reunited during a Halloween concert in Las Vegas more than a year after frontman Chester Bennington’s death.

Shinoda was playing the House of Blues venue in the city as part of his solo tour and Farrell joined them for a portion of the songs.

Now, Farell has spoken out about the possibility of the band recording new material in the future.

“It’s a big question,” he told Sirius XM’s Volume West. “I think the easiest way to answer it is probably just to say I don’t know. And then I can expound upon that.”

He added: “The five of us, we still love getting a chance to hang out. We hang out quite a bit. I think we will do music again. We all want to. We all still enjoy being together and being around each other.”

“But we have a huge process to figure out what we wanna do and what that’s gonna look like. And I don’t have a timetable for how long that’ll take. I’ve never been down that road [or gone through] that process completely, so it’s really hard to put a time or a day.”

Earlier this year, Shinoda opened up about the future of Linkin Park. “I’m just taking it one step at a time and keeping my mind open to the possibilities — whether it’s doing things under my name or working with other artists or producing tracks for somebody else, or if the guys are at a point where they wanna play Linkin Park shows, I’m sure that any of those things are possibilities and I’m just open to whatever happens,” Shinoda said.

“Right now, honestly, the thing I’m most excited about and I’m focused on most is getting the [solo] live show together and making it the best it can be,” he continued. “It’s at a good place, and I’m basically doing… I’ve been doing a one-man show, but I think there’s a lot of room to grow and develop it, and I’m excited about continuing to do that.

“Part of this is gauging the fanbase and the shows themselves — seeing how this goes, and if it goes well, or we learn anything about how to do the shows, then going forward, that’ll be good information to have.”