The debate over streaming music on Spotify often turns into a math problem -- who gets money, and how much do they get? Taylor Swift's camp has been going back and forth with Spotify on how much money she actually lost by pulling her music from the streaming service.

But Dave Grohl has no use for this sort of nuance. "You want people to f---ing listen to your music? Give them your music," the ever-eloquent rocker told Digital Spy yesterday.

"I want people to hear our music," he added. "I don't care if you pay $1 or f---ing $20 for it, just listen to the f---ing song." He did say that he "can understand how other people would object" to his stance, since he's a wealthy musician "playing two nights at Wembley next summer."

Grohl quickly returned to his favorite topic: the way modern technology has ruined a once-healthy music system. After giving fans music, the Foo Fighter advises bands to "go play a show... To me it's that simple, and I think it used to work that way. When we were young and in really noisy, crappy punk rock bands there was no career opportunity and we loved doing it and people loved f---ing watching it and the delivery was completely face to face personal... Nowadays there's so much focus on technology that it doesn't really matter." (It's worth pointing out that back when Grohl was in a crappy punk band, the recordings made by that crappy band would have been subsequently purchased for money in a record store.)

Grohl has been full of positivity recently: in another interview, he called pop a "sea of bullshit." Grohl's bandmates share his interest in comparing music to bodily functions. Taylor Hawkins, the Foo Fighters' drummer, recently said U2's new album "sounds like a fart."