90314.jpg

Dave Grohl thinks Kanye West's Glastonbury show could be the greatest gig of all time.

The Foo Fighters were due to headline the legendary British Festival on Friday night, but had to cancel after frontman Dave broke his leg at a Swedish show.

Kanye West is Glastonbury's Saturday night headline act but some music fans are annoyed by his appointment, claiming he is an insult to music. There has even been a petition to cancel his slot, but Dave says this will just spur the rapper on.

"I don't know that much about Kanye's music but right now Kanye vs Glastonbury is about as close to that old school [Public Enemy] vibe as you're going to get," Dave told nme.com.

"I don't know who the dude is that started the petition but I think every one of those votes is only fuelling Kanye's f**king fire and it could be the greatest show of all time."

The news that Foo Fighters won't be playing their hotly-anticipated set came as a double blow to some fans. Florence + the Machine have since been announced as their replacement.

While Dave may not know much about Kanye, his bandmate Taylor Hawkins has previously crossed paths with the megastar.

"He lives pretty close to me, strangely enough. Before he bought a house [in the neighbourhood] he was apparently looking at it and this estate agent told me that he was showing him the house and he looks round and says, 'Is this place secure? Can anybody get in or out?' And then right at that time I came flying down the hill [on my bike] into the neighbourhood," Taylor laughed.