"I’m going to live everyday like it’s my last one".

Dave Grohl has described how the death of Kurt Cobain taught him the importance of valuing every day in his life.

The Foo Fighters frontman opened up in a new interview with CBS and explained how Kurt’s passing had made him keen to appreciate his existence even more.

“When Kurt died, I remember the next day and thinking, ‘I still get to live’”, Grohl explained.

“So I’m going to live everyday like it’s my last one. Even if it’s the worst day, I’m gonna try to appreciate it.”

He added: “And I still feel that way. I never wanna die. I honestly feel like if get to do this, and I’ve got these beautiful kids… I’m all good. That’s how I feel.”

The comments come after Grohl recently reunited Nirvana for a surprise performance at CalJam Festival in October. The short set saw him reuniting with bandmates Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear, as well as a line-up of guests that included Joan Jett.

Meanwhile, Grohl was praised earlier this week after he cooked a BBQ for firefighters tackling the wildfires in California. He stepped in to cook food for crews in Calabasas, Los Angeles County. Fire Station 88 were one of the recipients of the free BBQ earlier this week, which was provided by Grohl’s recently launched Backbeat BBQ.